facebook

In The Beginning...

  Tamaqua's youngest fire company, The East End, was founded in 1916 with its first headquarters being the Farber family garage located on Hazle Alley.  The company's first bonafide piece of equipment was a hand-drawn hose cart which was known amongst the members of the newly found organization as "The Grab It and Run".  This was due to the fact that when the fire alarm sounded, members would race to the Hazle Alley garage and 'grab' the hose cart and then 'run' to wherever the fire was located.